Friday 24 December 2021

The last of my Elizabethans - six men with guns

I didn't think I was going to get these done, but happily I did. First, three arquebusiers;

As you can see, these have been painted using my green theme, because I think they ought to look like members of someone's retinue. These certainly look like they are reasonably well-trained in the use of their weapons.

Next, three less regular-looking types, armed with what I am calling blunderbusses, although I am not sure such things were available in the 16th century. Even so, Wargames Foundry think they were a Thing, so I'm happy to go along with it.


As you can see, two out of the three have my alternative blue colour theme.

One point about these chaps; two of them, plus one of the halberdiers were bare-footed, presumably because they are sea dogs, but I didn't want them without shoes. Therefore, I gave the three concerned shoes made from green stuff. After painting and basing, it is almost impossible to tell which ones were originally shoeless.

So, this is my final piece of painting for 2021. I have packed my paints away and will be spending the rest of the year with my partner, our dogs and lots of food and wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment