Sunday 12 December 2021

Some dastardly evil magic users

These three figures are from Antediluvian  Miniatures.

First, a flying Sorcerer;


I bought this chap because I wanted a flying magic user for my Saga AoM Otherworld warband. I've suffered the effects of attacks from flying wizards in the past, so I decided that I'd give one a try myself. I intend to use him in my next Saga AoM game, so he'll probably die almost immediately he gets used.

Of course, he has other possibilities too. All in all, he is a really nice figure.

Next, a Magus and his Familiar.


I've stuck to a similar colour palette, mainly because I think it really works for practitioners of the Dark Arts, but also because I was painting all three at the same time.

I am sure that some of you might recognise the inspiration for the magician. I have decided that his name is Master Hieronymus, a Natural Philosopher and Master of Magick and he is accompanied by his familiar, a small homunculus known as Red Samuel, noted for his eerie glowing red eyes and an uncanny ability to appear and disappear at will.

I love this pair and I am itching to use them for something. He could be the leader of a Cult in Donnybrook, or in many other settings. 


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful additions to your personal "death queue." Cool looking models to which you've done justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are really nice models to paint, especially the Magus and Familiar duo.

      Delete
  2. I can report back that my flying sorcerer did get killed off in his first appearance on a tabletop. He'd been doing quite well until a bunch of pointy-eared levy archers turned him into a pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete