Sunday 19 December 2021

Four grizzled veterans

Here are the last four of my current bunch;


These guys are definitely my idea of how grizzled veterans of many battles, boarding parties and dubious missions into hostile towns and cities might look. They have the air of desperate hard men who might consider anything, so long as the price is right.

I've moved away from the unifying green theme, except for the third one from the left, because I also wanted to use a blue/grey palette to create a second colour theme.

I love the character in these sculpts. There is so much to enjoy when painting figures as good as this. I especially like the figure with his arms folded and with a bandage across one eye. The blob of grey paint under his nose was a mistake I didn't notice until I'd photographed him. I've fixed it since then.

I have six more figures to finish off and that will probably be it for 2021. I am planning to have these all out of the way by Thursday.
 

2 comments: