Saturday 20 June 2020

Amazons ............... or maybe something else?

Well, I decided that I would risk a spot of varnishing this morning, seeing as it hasn't been raining here for a while. I have a few more Amazons finished, ready for the ordeal by spray but I thought that I'd stick to just two first.


They are a nice pair; an experienced fighter and a younger warrior in training, equipped with a quarterstaff. I think these are pretty good proxies for Xena and Gabrielle of Xena: Warrior Princess fame.

I rather like the way the bases have come out here, once again using Gamer's Grass tufts, but also bits of cork debris as rocks, plus a gravel and ballast mix. I think that the "rock" on Gabby's base looks quite like a piece of broken column with those vertical dark lines.

The Xena figure is one of the nicest ones in the whole Bad Squiddo Amazon range, to my eye. The sculpt is really nice, but the thing that makes it stand out is the ornate hoplon shield with the lion pelt attached to it.

So, I am happy, as well as relieved that there was no fogging this time. I shall now varnish a couple more figures.

What do people think? Xena and Gabby? Yes or No?

3 comments:

  1. They look really good. I think they'll make a fine Xena and Gabby. What game do you plan to use the Amazons in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My current plan is for Of Gods and Mortals

      Delete
  2. Excellent for Xena, you need to find a good model for Bruce Campbell now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete