Tuesday 28 January 2020

Papal crossbowmen

Here are the next results of my 2020 painting campaign. At the moment, I am still clearing the decks of things I started last year, before starting on my projects for the next twelve months.


These crossbowmen are the last of the figures I'd made up for my long-running Papal Condottiere company. That isn't to say I have no more of these excellent Perry plastic figures, just that the rest are still attached to their sprues (except for a final two mounted figures who I will be revealing in the near future).

I chose, once again, to use  a red and white livery to keep the theme going and these will be useful for my planned Saga: Age of Magic Great Kingdoms army, as well as for Lion Rampant etc.

I'll be giving the Italian 15th century a rest for a while, but I will revisit it later this year, not least because I want to do six more Swiss handgunners (in black and yellow) and a dozen more crossbowmen, the latter with pavises. I'll probably do some more pikes as well. These latter two may well be in another colour scheme, to suggest a different contingent of the Papal army. At the moment, I am considering blue and yellow, but I'll probably change my mind at some point before I start on them.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice, Carole, and they look cross too which adds to the over all Papal crossbow theme 😁 joking aside (yes, I was trying once again to be funny) they look smart. Good job there 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them a lot! Thanks by the way for lurking me into Alien Squad Leader, Carole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, rare and splendid, cracking Papal crossbowmen!

    ReplyDelete