Tuesday 14 January 2020

Just another Sunday at Lincombe Barn.......

.............and this week, many of us were practising for next weekend's Hordes Of The Things tournament.

Personally, I welcomed the opportunity for a few practice games, because pretty much the only time I play HoTT is in January each year. This year, I decided to use my Warhammer Fantasy Averland-themed army, which I put together and painted in 2017. Obviously, I won't be using all 48pts, because the tournament uses standard 24pt armies.

Anyway, on with the eye candy. I didn't take many pictures, but I did want to show my army in all its black and yellow glory;



Here are a couple of pictures of Nick's Meerkat army;



And here is another one of my Averland troops against Matt's Dwarves;


Elsewhere, non-HoTT players were enjoying such things as Saga, Seven Days To The Rhine, Alien Squad Leader and 7TV Pulp (which reminds me that I really must stop collecting figures for the game and start painting the ones I already have);





All in all, it was a pretty busy Sunday afternoon, which always seems to be the case when we end up in the smaller room.

How did I fare in my five games of HoTT? Well, probably better than I'll do in the actual tournament. I won three and lost two. I think the blend of troops I've chosen is fundamentally OK, I just need to remember that Warbands destroy Blades and Spears if they win the combat, and that you shouldn't expose your General to the risk of getting flanked and then losing in the subsequent combat .


1 comment:

  1. Those are two great pieces of HOTT lore to carry around with you - remember the combat outcomes and don't expose your general :)

    I still miss the UK HOTT competiton circuit :(

    ReplyDelete