Wednesday 8 January 2020

Fenris Games - Cauldron Warband Kickstarter

Last year I backed a Kickstarter from Fenris Games. I found out about it from Annie Norman, of Bad Squiddo Games, the Mother of Peegs herself.

The Kickstarter interested me, because I already had a wonderful resin piece from Fenris and also because the figures looked so amazingly weird. I could see many possibilities for using them in various ways. 

The basic premise of the Cauldron Warband was a bunch pf plague-ridden Chaos Dwarves, Sorcerers and various other nasties and gribblies. I could think of a few ways of building them into games right from the beginning.

Anyway, the Kickstarter shipped in late December and I received my parcel on Monday. I thought I'd post a few pics, even before I'd cleaned up and assembled anything. Here they are. In addition to the figures themselves, there are some really very nice resin pieces, including some excellent detailed scenic bases that are almost too nice to glue the figures onto, the evil Black Cauldron itself and a scary Chaotic beast (called "Spot" in the Kickstarter).







I won't get started on these for a while, as I am currently devoting all my painting time to Peninsular War Portuguese line infantry.


No comments:

Post a Comment