Friday 24 January 2020

More resin scenic stuff

I am always looking for more 15mm scenic items, especially for IABSM and Chain of Command WW2, and I've bought some nice pieces from Ironclad Miniatures before. So, at the club's latest Reveille show, back in November last year, I bought a few more odds and ends which will fit in with the overall collection. 

First, a couple of burnt down wooden buildings, with just their brick chimneys still standing. Perfect for the Eastern Front, but also with possibilities for games set elsewhere;


Next, another ruined house and a fallen tall chimney which will be perfect with the bombed factory I bought the year previously.


As with all the resin pieces I've bought from Ironclad, the models are really crisp and cast using high quality resin. They are a joy to paint and look excellent on the table.

The 15mm range is quite large and there are a few nice buildings that are designed for games set in Normandy, which I really should buy sometime.

In addition to these buildings, I also got round to painting up a few resin buildings from The Square, who still don't seem to have a website, but they do have a Facebook page. The Square seem to have a presence at most wargames shows, and I always have a browse of their stuff because there is generally something I see and think would be useful. The latest things from that that I've pained are some wooden thatched houses and sheds, which I think will be perfect for the Eastern Front in WW2.


I could see these popping up in earlier periods too, most likely in my 18th century Imagi-nations Sharp Practice games 

2 comments:

  1. Realistic and lovely buildings, I'll come back, subscribed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really cannot recommend the Ironclad Miniatures buildings highly enough. They are truly superb models, lovely castings in good quality resin with crisp details. They paint up very well.

      Delete