Thursday 6 December 2018

15mm resin scenic stuff

I am always on the lookout for 15mm scenic items, especially things for WW2 that I can use in games of CoC.

Therefore I was really pleased to pick up these nice resin ruined buildings from Ironclad Miniatures at the club's recent Reveille show. First, there is a really nice ruined factory. I very much like the two storage tanks at one end of the building.


The other one is a ruined building that could either be a house or part of a larger factory complex.


Both of these paint up really well. The models are clean and have no flash. I hope that more buildings of this type will appear in the future. Well done, Ironclad!

To complement these two, I have also painted up some pieces from Baueda, again purchased at Reveille, from the Magister Militum stall. I am a big fan of Baueda resin stuff. It is always a joy to paint and the WW2 stuff has lots of nice details. This small building was made from two pieces glued together on an MDF base to  make another ruined building for the factory complex. I added more debris using Javis crumbled cork boulders and sand and stone mix. I really like the way this turned out once it was painted up.


Finally, here are two other Baueda pieces, plus a resin fuel dump I picked up from the The Square stand at Colours.


Clearly, the two Baueda pieces will work as part of the factory complex. The fuel dump is always going to be useful. It will work nicely with the one I painted earlier in the year. I reckon that if you want a fuel dump, you want at least two stacks of oildrums.


I have a game of CoC planned for a couple of weeks' time, so I think that my Germans might be defending a bombed out factory against the evil Bolshevik hordes.

I've got quite a few other resin things that still need work. So, it is either get those done first, or go back to my 28mm FIW Régiment de Guyenne troops, which I need for the end of January. Decisions, decisions!

5 comments:

  1. Good stuff, they fit together very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely models. I will definitely be getting more.

      Delete
  2. Nice find indeed Carole, I missed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads-up on this supplier. I might be placing an order for a few bits. Any idea if the roofs of the buildings are removable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I'm not sure. The 15mm Ironclad stuff I've got is solid, but I think that a couple of the Normandy buildings have removable roofs.

      Delete