Thursday 13 December 2018

What the postman brought this time

I was expecting a box from Bad Squiddo, because I knew that Annie had shipped the Maze of Malcor Nickstarter, but I wasn't prepared for an explosion of PINK!!!!! when I opened the box. A gorgeous surprise. This was a couple of things that weren't in the parcel that I picked up when I saw Annie at Warfare.



And here they are - Ninjas and Onna-bugeisha with naginata and yumi, plus badges.


There were also the usual freebies in the box. I think the walking stick is going to go on the Christmas tree.


Then, underneath was all the Maze of Malcor stuff. First, the box of plastic female soldiers.


Then, the actual book.


And finally, a huge bag of shinies.


In that bag are the new female Thief, Barbarian, Knight, Templar, Apothercary, Markswoman and Tracker with with Warhound figures, plus a lot of new specifically Malcor goodies. There are five new Wizards and Apprentices, representing the new Schools of Magic; Sonancer, Astromancer, Distortionist, Fatecaster and Spiritualist.

There are also assorted monsters and creatures. These are as follows. There is an Acrisbird (a bit like a grumpy ostrich on steroids), a Banshee, a Bog-Man, a Coal-Man, a Collegium Porter (a kind of animated chest of drawers), Starfire Elementals, Glass Spiders, Shrieking Wolves, Phase Cats, Bloodwaves and a Mantodeus ( a sort of giant creepy-crawly). In addition there is a model for Malcor, accompanied by some Wraiths (his Advisory Council) and one for a Rangifer Shaman, plus the shades of four dead Wizards which were stretch goals for the Nickstarter. I think there was supposed to be a fifth one of these but the goal wasn't unlocked.

All in all, a huge amount of stuff to make up (there are lots of separate bits with some of these figures), prep and paint. Still, at least it will keep me busy after Christmas.

I can see lots of potential for these figures, apart from Frostgrave, and they are terrific models too.

2 comments:

  1. Nice shinies and extra goodies! I'm looking forward to receiving my Onna-bugeisha package from Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That BSG Kickstarter looks great, alas I blew it and missed the deadline, so I'll have to buy mine later with the rest of the plebes. I look forward to seeing your paint jobs :)

    ReplyDelete