Wednesday 22 January 2020

LBWS Barn HOTT report

Well, last Sunday was our annual Horses Of The Things tournament, with a reasonable turnout of players. We all played four games each, with each game lasting 45 minutes. It was nice to see regular competitors from outside the club again.

As usual, there were many different armies on the table, so here are some pictures, including one or two you might recognise from a previous post;












I did manage to win one game, which left me in the lower portion of mid-table when it came to the overall results, but the first and second spots went to Arnaud and Keith, who are regular attendees from outside the club. Keith fielded the excellent giant pumpkin army and Arnaud had a late mediaeval army that I came up against in what actually looked like a historical encounter.  I started out with an oblique line strategy, with my right held back to protect my Stronghold. Unfortunately, at the crucial point I rolled three or four 1s in succession when rolling for PIPs, which left me at something of a disadvantage, especially as I lost the unit defending the extreme right of my line, leaving the path clear for Arnaud to capture my Stronghold. So it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Neat! Thanks for the pictures!

    Question - the picture underneath the picture of the flying saucers... it has two houses on an off white patch of cloth. Is that a Stronghold or just a built up area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure, I didn't play in that game. I assume it was a Stronghold.

      Delete
    2. Could be a Stronghold, but it's a weirdly placed on if it is - it would have to be quite large to be in the corner like that, since at least part of a stronghold has to be within a certain distance of the centre of the defender's edge (a rule specifically designed to stop a player deploying their stronghold in the corner :) )

      Delete