Wednesday 5 May 2021

Bad Squiddo Women of WW2 - I've started work on the project at last!

Around this time last year, the  Bad Squiddo Women of WW2 Kickstarter (which has been available in the shop for ages) was shipped. Since then, so much has happened, apart from me actually painting anything from my pledge. This has now begun to change. I have several figures near to completion, but only one completely finished, and here she is;


This is SOE Annie, a wartime equivalent of the Sci Fi Raging Annie, who can be seen here, on the right of the photo.

Here she is from behind.

I have to say that I absolutely love this mini. The pose is terrific and the details excellent. I can see her featuring in a lot of Pulp settings as a femme fatale, straight out of the pages of a Raymond Chandler novel, or a feisty female private eye, as well as in some suitable TFL Chain of Command scenarios.

I thought that it was only fair that I painted her first. Next up will be a couple of real life SOE characters.

1 comment: