Tuesday 18 May 2021

Bad Squiddo Ghosts of Gaia scavenger gang

 I painted these seven figures in tandem with the ATS women I posted a few days ago. Scroll down to see them all.

First, three characters, a strange alien psyker who wandered in from the wastelands, the gang's leader in the middle and, on the right, the leader's trusted advisor and mentor.


Here are the same figures from behind.

Next, in front and rear views, we have the rest of the gang. First a close combat expert with a chainsaw weapon and a ganger with a grenade launcher.


And finally, two basic shooty gangers;



I think that as a basic gang it is a bit understrength, so I see these additional figures being part of the fun. I am sure a big armoured critter and a couple of crude electronic cattle prods will come in handy.

As it says in the title, these are all Bad Squiddo Ghosts of Gaia minis, and very fine they are too. I really cannot heap enough praise on this range. They are full of character, wonderfully sculpted and really well cast too.

I see these as being perfect for Stargrave, as well as my own ROTOR rules, plus almost anything else with a Sci Fi skirmish theme, such as Necromunda.

5 comments:

  1. I like the "once colourful but now very, very dusty" look you gave these. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love dusty and battered as a look. I cannot imagine that scavengers get to clean stuff up very often.

      Delete
  2. That dust effect is just great! NEVER have seen anything screaming "postapoc" that much!

    ReplyDelete