Wednesday 12 May 2021

Something different - angry cat guy!

This lovely mini is a Bad Squiddo one, created by Leandro Ventic and cast in lovely crisp resin. He is called David the Cat on Annie's website

To me though, he is called Basil the Bold, in memory of a wonderful ginger tom we used to own called Basil.





The real life Basil was a big chap, a scrapper, a ratter and the top cat of the area where I was living at the time. In other words, pretty much what this fantasy cat warrior would be all about if he was an actual person, apart from, possibly, the ratting, but you never can tell. Some things run deep in feline genes.

Anyway, as a fighter, I've given him a somewhat battleworn and grubby appearance, with a fair few questionable stains on his tunic and armour, a battered old leather belt and some well-worn patches on his cloak.

He would make a splendid addition to all manner of fantasy settings, maybe even as a knight in a Frostgrave warband.

3 comments:

  1. He's quite lovely, Carole, and you've done a great job on him. Thanks for sharing the story of Basil, he sounds a lot like my Luigi, who inspired my Twitter gaming account.
    I think he would also mix really well with the characters from the Badgers and Burrows line of Oathsworn figures: http://madpadrewargames.blogspot.com/2021/04/fantasy-friday-landsknecht-otter.html
    Cheers,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.He really is a nice and unusual mini.I love your otter Doppelsöldner.

      Delete
  2. He's pretty badass... This figure's a little too "anthro" for my own tastes but I still love that it exists 😁. And you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete