Thursday 25 February 2021

Taking the post-apocalyptic dog for a walk

 I've not really had the painting mojo for a while. I keep starting things and then abandoning them either once they are undercoated or part way through painting them.

However, I knew I had to do something about this sorry state of affairs, so I got to work on a few things I got for Christmas. 

These are a set from the Bad Squiddo Ghosts of Gaia range and they are listed as "Wrenchmouth and handlers" but I prefer to think of them as two residents of the post-apocalypse taking their dog for a walk. I like the cute little puppy the figure on the left is holding up. Clealy the little 'un hasn't had its injections yet.


Here they are again, on their way back from the park.

These figures are the usual fabulousness that we have come to expect from Annie's sculptors and casters and they really are very nice minis to paint.

I shall be finding a use for them in all sorts of science fiction games, including my own ROTOR skirmish rules, once we are actually allowed to meet up and play with our toys again.

I have a few more figures primed and waiting for a brush session, so hopefully I'll have something ready to post in a day or two.

I think the key to getting stuff finished at the moment is just painting something I like, rather than painting for a specific project.

2 comments:

  1. I looooove the dusty, desaturated earth tones you used here. These look right out of a grimy post-apocalyptic movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is exactly the look I wanted for them.

      Delete