Wednesday 18 September 2019

More Sci Fi figures! Ghosts of Gaia

My science fiction project is moving on at Warp Factor 3 (at least!). The latest figures I've finished are from the terrific Ghosts of Gaia range by Bad Squiddo.

These are gorgeous sculpts (as are all Bad Squiddo figures) and lovely clean casts too. As they are so nice, I have chosen to photograph them front and back.

The figure on the right of this group is "Raging Annie", a miniature depiction of the Mother of Peegs herself - for those who don't know, Annie Norman just loves her Guinea Pigs a.k.a Peegs - and in the second picture, you can see her Baggy The Dice Bag backpack. I particularly like the armoured figure on the left with two chain blades. I love the dynamic pose.



After the exuberant colour schemes I chose for the first group, the second group are a bit more stealthy-looking and are clearly the kind of women who will pop up and take a few potshots from heavy cover. I really like the stealth cloak on the right-hand figure. I chose a few misty colours, inspired by the odd camouflage patterns on World War One German fighter aircraft.



It is back to colour for the remaining four figures. These figures have a fantastic comic book quality about them, and that made me paint them so that they will stand out on the table. I thought that red would be a good choice for these two. 



and purple/violet shades for these two.



So, there we have it. Some more figures ready for play-testing my Sci Fi skirmish rules.



5 comments:

  1. Great colors on those. I particularly like the color (and pose!) of the armored woman in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These remind me of playing Traveller, back in the 80s

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful. You will have great fun playing those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really pleased with the way they have turned out.

      Delete