Tuesday 10 September 2019

New! Science Fiction figures!

Around this time last year, I backed a Kickstarter run by Antediluvian Miniatures which was all about a small range of science fiction figures that they described as Bounty Hunters. Now, this coincided with me having another look at some simple sci fi rules that I'd been working on, on and off, for around three or four years and I thought that these figures would be ideal for some of the characters that I'd been thinking about. Anyway, as tends to happen, other things got in the way and the minis sat in a box until couple of weeks ago, when I decided to revisit my draft rules and, at the same time, start working on the minis.

Anyway, rules aside, I've finished the minis off and I am really pleased with how they have turned out. There are eleven in total, but I've photographed them in two groups.

The first lot have a certain formal look about them, being quite military-looking, apart from the rather nice figure on the left, who is either a humanoid female in serious combat armour, or maybe a droid. I think I prefer the former interpretation. The others all seem to be wearing light body or flak armour, and a couple are carrying mauls or clubs as well as their guns. I've given two of them anti-blast visors, which I've given a lick of gloss varnish so that they have a nice reflective appearance.


This second group are of a more disparate (and desperate) appearance, definitely from the other side of the Law. I have decided to keep an orange theme for a few of the figures, representing the kind of utilitarian garments that a crew of a ship might wear. The sharp-eyed will notice that one of the first group is also wearing a similar thing with his flak armour.


The short guy on the left is wearing heavy power armour with two integral guns, and he also has a power claw and is carrying a blade. Well tooled-up! In front, there is a little blue alien, who I really rather like, and next to him a kind of humanoid mutant rat who looks pretty pleased with himself. I really love the big lizard alien with the big gun. I think that it is my favourite of the whole set, but I am also rather fond of the scavenger type guy with the beat up armour held together with chains and rope. Finally, the big blue alien/mutant/whatever/ was fun to paint. No weapons, but big teeth and four arms seem to make up for that.

Now, I need to give my rules a final revision and it will be playtesting time.

6 comments:

  1. Nice paint jobs on some fun figures.

    Do you have magnets on the bases? or washers or something? They look as if something is below the usual slotta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are flexible magnetic discs. They make transporting figures around a lot safer.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes I agree! I do the same thing with square based figures, but I have had trouble finding 25mm magnets to go with slottas.

      Delete
    3. I buy mine from this site - http://www.magneticdisplays.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home - quick and efficient service.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff. I have some 28mm sci-fi ship crew that will be perfect to fight these guys if you want to give your rules a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. I'll email you a copy of the rules.

      Delete