Friday 27 September 2019

Even more Sci Fi figures!

This is the last group of 28mm science fiction figures I am painting for a while. These are all from North Star and are sculpted by the excellent Mark Copplestone for the Rogue Stars rules from Osprey. I will, of course, be using them for my own sci fi skirmish rules. 

First, we have a figure I see very much as my gang leader together with his hirsute sidekick, obviously absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a well-known film franchise set long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.................



Next up are two sinister assassin types plus a rather grand military chap of the old school. I wanted to keep the colour palette simple for the assassins and saw no reason to differ in any real way from how they are painted on the North Star website.


I really like the segmented arthropod figure perched on the shoulder of the military chap, as well as the dynamic pose of the female assassin.


Next up, we have a psyker and a large grumpy alien with a big gun. I really like his segmented armour made from the shell of some large alien bug. Perfect! 

Strong is the froggy psyker. Powerful his connection to The Schwartz is. Clearly, he simply had to be brandishing a light sabre.



Finally, here is a female trooper in armour and a combat droid. Again, I wanted a relatively clean look to both of these, but I wanted to avoid white armour, as frequently seen in a galaxy far, far away on the trooper. As for the droid, I wanted a simple metallic appearance, but also a sense that it is a droid that has been around a long time, maybe a relic from some kind of long-lost Old Republic or similar. So, I painted it mostly bronze over black. I think it has worked nicely.



These figures were a joy to paint. Nice clean castings with very little flash to trim away and lots of nice details. Recommended.

5 comments:

  1. Some awesome paint jobs. I'm sure the illustrious opponent and I would give your sci fi rules a go if you were looking for play testers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The rules are getting an initial run out this weekend. After that, I might have amendments to make, and clarifications. Perhaps you might like to see them after that?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I should have responded earlier, but I forgot. The first playtest had to be rescheduled for November. Will keep you posted.

      Delete