Monday 24 February 2020

More Pulp figures

Here are some more of the excellent Bob Murch Pulp Figures miniatures which are stocked by North Star. I cannot stress how much I like and covet these figures. There are so many great things in the range that it seems a shame not to buy all of them!

These are 1920s US Marines, which I can see being used in a wide range of Pulp games, anything from adventures featuring disturbing Eldritch Terrors to defending the Earth against an Unknown Alien Menace seeking to abduct and enslave humans. They might even have to face off against Chinese pirates, Bolshevik agents or some other mundane opponents.

First, some Marines in Brody helmets. Four with rifles and one with a shotgun.


The rest are all wearing Montana hats. This group consists of a lieutenant with a pistol, two riflemen, another shotgunner and one marine with a Thompson submachine gun.


The final group has two more riflemen, another shotgunner, another Tommy gun-armed marine and one marine with a Browning Automatic Rifle.


So, pretty well equipped to face all kinds of enemies, from the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, plus all points in between and also places even further away.

I'm not sure how accurate the colour palette I've chosen is in real terms but I think that their look and feel is pretty nice overall. They are really nice sculpts and they paint up really well. They have a nice larger than life appearance, as befits their Pulp status and the figures have loads of character. Like I said, I want MORE!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Nice looking minis Carole...and great paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've noticed in the photos that I missed a few mould lines, but they shouldn't be obvious on the table.

      Delete