Thursday 6 February 2020

Renaissance mounted men-at-arms

I had two Perry plastic 28mm men-at-arms bodies and horses left over from my Condottieri project and, as I want to be able to use my Papal mercenary band as a Great Kingdoms force for Saga: Age of Magic, I decided to make the figures up and use them as Paladins, a kind of Hero with enhanced abilities when fighting Monsters and units of Creatures. However, I also wanted to keep them looking realistic, so that I might be able to use them in more conventional settings, and here they are.



As you can see, I have chosen a simple blue and yellow colour palette for the two figures, allowing them to stand out against the red/white and yellow/black appearance of the rest of the Condottieri/Great Kingdoms army. I've also given them grey horses and blue steel and brass finished armour. They are far from outlandish-looking, so they won't be out of place in a historical game, but they are still quite distinctive and will look "special" on the table.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The blue and yellow work well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When I get round to doing another group of crossbowmen, I will probably do them in a blue/yellow livery.

      Delete