Sunday 7 March 2021

The Shinobi Academy

When I was looking at my Bad Squiddo Onna-Bugeisha figures, I wanted a theme for some of the figures. It occurred to me that I could invent a Ninja (or Shinobi) training school, where young women could be schooled in all the disciplines and techniques of Ninjutsu.

Therefore, I decided to use the figures below as instructors and pupils at my fictional Shinobi Academy.

First, the Chief Instructor and two of her most experienced members of staff.


I decided that they would all wear a simple grey kimono with a pale blue obi, with the exception of the Chief Instructor who would be allowed to wear whatever she chooses, although I used the same blue as the obi of the other figures for her tunic to create a degree of unity.

Next, some students. First, the very youngest pupils, who are learning the basic skills and are not yet permitted to use actual weapons with sharp blades.


And finally a pair of senior students, who are trained to the level where they can be trusted to take part in a range of covert activities, generally, but not always under the supervision of those who have already graduated from the Academy.



Once again, the bases have been finished with the excellent tufts by Gamer's Grass, available from Bad Squiddo.


3 comments:

  1. A good looking and coherent force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking that adding the two Ninjas and some kind of magic user and they would be perfect for a small In Her Majesty's Name force.

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't have pictured red, pale blue and grey working so well together, but they do.

      Delete