Friday 5 March 2021

Ninjas!

 Bad Squiddo female Ninjas, to be precise.


I decided against a black colour scheme, and kept them pretty much to the way they look on Annie's website. I think that the grey colour scheme works pretty well, because, as anyone who drives at night knows, people wearing grey can look pretty invisible in low light, as well as in complete darkness.

Here they are from behind;


I like the poses of these two a lot, especially the one who is creeping forwards through the undergrowth waiting to strike as soon as her enemy comes into view.

Ninjas are also known as Shinobi in Japanese and, as we all know from live action films as well as from from anime, shinobi were deployed as assassins and spies. Their heyday was in the Sengoku period between 1467 and the beginning of the Tokugawa Shogunate in 1615. Most of what we know about them comes from folklore and popular fiction

They are lovely crisp casts, as one always expects from Bad Squiddo and paint up really nicely. The bases are finished off with Gamer's Grass Tufts, also available from Bad Squiddo.

These will be great for all manner of different game systems, I think.

3 comments:

  1. Those are some sneaky looking female warriors!
    Neil

    http://toysoldiersanddiningroombattles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Gaijin Goombah on Youtube, I can't get the phrase "Real ninjas wear BLUE!" out of my head, but the grey looks cool too (I personally went with navy blue and dark purple for mine).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice subdued colours, and I love the scrubby grass bases. Makes me want to paint some more of my 15mm ninjas :)

    ReplyDelete