Friday 17 July 2020

More auxila leave the painting table

Well, they left the varnish spray booth (a large cardboard box with one side side removed) actually.


I really like these Victrix figures a lot. They have lots of detail, are fairly simply to assemble and the finished items paint up nicely, and it is easy to cut the tops off the scabbards on the figures holding gladii.

I have a couple more groups that I am working on at the moment, plus a couple more individual figures and I have also glued all my horses together, ready for undercoating. I will undercoat the riders separately, as soon as I have assembled them. I have enough mounted models to make up two groups of six, plus a decurio, which leaves me with three spares. To stop them going to waste, I have bought sprues of four more riders and horses from ebay, which will give me enough mounted auxiliaries for three groups plus two leaders. That will be a lot for Infamy, Infamy, but why not? There could be a scenario in future where I might need three groups of riders.

I've also got more infantry figures to assemble, including the spare command sprue figures. I don't need more signiferi etc, so I will experiment with these, to see if I can use the bodies to make up extra auxiliaries with different pattern lorica hamata (i.e mail shirts). The models with the muscle cuirasses will probably be surplus to requirements, but I will find a use for them somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good looking force you have shaping up there. :)

    I've opted to go with 15mm and will be multi-basing on 40mm wide bases so that I can use them for ADLG as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I thought about doing a 15mm Roman army, using the Forged In Battle War and Empire figures, which look lovely. I may yet go back to that idea at some point.

      Delete