Wednesday 1 July 2020

Bad Squiddo Athena

I finished off this lovely Bad Squiddo sculpt yesterday and spray-varnished her last night. Luckily, no fogging at all.




I can see here that I didn't manage to straighten her spear out perfectly, although it looks OK on the actual mini. 

                       
 

Here is the obligatory rear view. Nice cloak!




I love her shield with the Medusa's Head on it. This was a common design on hoplite shields, apparently. 



I think that she is a spectacular figures and I hope that I have done her justice. I'm not sure what else I could have done, to be honest.

She will be my Goddess for my Of Gods And Mortals Greek warband, which will be an all-Amazon one.

10 comments:

  1. You did a great job on that figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She wasn't easy, really. I thought that she would be, but not once I'd started on her.

      Delete
  2. how did you find attaching the owl? I really struggled with it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't easy. The first attempt left me with a tiny owl glued to my finger, but I managed to remove it. The second attempt involved more superglue, plus a blob of blu-tack to keep it in place, which was a pain to remove, because superglue seems to make it really hard.

      Delete
  3. Another excellent paint job, I always worry about figures standing on one leg, not so much when I paint it, more for its longer term fate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Athena. I'll give you a game of gods and mortals when the barn opens, I have the ruleset and an army but not played it yet.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've not played it either. It'll be the blind leading the blind;)

      Delete
  5. Great looking figure, I love the subtle shading you have achieved on her cloak and you have got the facial details and hair done very nicely too!

    ReplyDelete