Tuesday 14 July 2020

More recruits for the cohors equitata

As it has stayed relatively dry, I have finished basing and varnished another group of auxiliaries.


As I wrote earlierthe (imaginary) Cohors Primus Syldaviorum Equitata had the additional cognomen Luperci ( i.e. the “Brothers of the Wolf”) because the Goganii were associated with a cult that venerated a wolf deity sometimes identified as Lykas, and this was reflected in the occasional wearing of wolf pelts as cloaks by some of the troops (actually a nice excuse to give a few of my Victrix minis the wolf pelts on  the sprues).

I have given these the shield arms with the short throwing javelins, because I like the way this looks, and I have all of these guys posed with their main javelins ready to throw. I can use these as skirmishers with Flexible Drill, and I can also mix in the slingers which I have already finished to create two groups with mixed weaponry, as shown below;


I think that this looks quite effective as a group too, but I'll be interested to hear what others think.

1 comment:

  1. Another great group, I think they look fine mixed especially with the fluff u have written

    ReplyDelete