Friday 12 October 2018

Latest Freyja's Wrath figures - WIP and completed figures

I've finally got round to working on my Bad Squiddo Freyja's Wrath figures again. I am initially working on the armoured Shieldmaidens, who will all be Hearthguard for my forthcoming Saga Vikings, plus various other figures which will be used for a variety of things. Below you can see four each of spear, axe and sword armed Shieldmaidens, four Berserkers (in bearskin clothes), Fenrir, a big scary wolf, Morgana, a user of some kind of nature magic, Skalmöld the Valkyrie (with the severed head in her hand) and two models of Thorrun, an earlier Bad Squiddo model. The reason that I have two of her is that I want to paint one up for my Frostgrave warband. There are also shields to paint.




Anyway, that was where I started and now I have three completed figures. Skalmöld the Valkyrie, Thorrun (for Frostgrave) and Fenrir. First, here is Thorrun. I wanted to keep her looking quite sombre to fit in with the general theme of my Frostgrave warband. I will be using her as a Knight, or maybe as a Woman-At-Arms. I really like her fox fur collar.




Next, here is Fenrir, who is a very Big Bad Wolf indeed. No huffing and puffing required by this guy. He'll just knock your house down with a few swipes of his paws, and as for the Three Little Pigs, well, what can I say? Those guys are clearly just going to be snacks.




And finally, Skalmöld the Valkyrie, clearly a woman who is not to be messed with, as the chap currently missing his head found out.




As I have said before, these Bad Squiddo Shieldmaiden figures are absolutely fantastic; lovely crisp detail, virtually no flash and really lovely to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment