I've had these for a while but only started work on them within the last two weeks. They are Ironclad Miniatures Selenites;
The two above are the leadership component. The one on the left has four arms and is clearly the commander of the warriors. The other guy, who I'm calling the Big Giant Head is obviously an overlord, probably with enhanced psychic powers.
The three below are clearly the better kind of fighting troops, equipped with what might be spears that produce energy beams or blasts.
Below are the basic grunts, weedy sorts with simple bronze-tipped spears which may or may not have hidden powers.
These figures are clearly inspired by the 1964 film of H.G. Wells' novel The First Men In The Moon, which I remember seeing at the cinema with my dad, who often took me to see films that didn't interest my mum.
I think that these are excellent figures and were pretty simple to paint up to a decent gaming standard. They will be great for Victorian Science Fiction, Pulp and other things, such as In Her Majesty's Name.
The backdrop is another Jon Hodgson one and they are standing on a simple desert tile I made for this sort of photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment