Saturday 20 May 2023

Bloody miniatures Looters and Ranters

My next four figures from Bloody Miniatures are two staples of the ECW (and other 17th century wars). First two looters;



There are actually four figures in the Looters set, but I am using the other two for something else. I've gone back to a green uniform and buff coat colour scheme that I've used on other figures previously, so they will fit in nicely.

The next two are from a set BM calls The Militant Tendency, but once again, I have other plans for the remaining two figures. I've chosen to call them Ranters after the English anti-Church and anti-State sectarians of the Commonwealth period. The Ranters denied the authority of churches, of scripture, of the current ministry and of services, instead calling on men to listen to the divine within them. (thanks, Wikipedia). I'm not intending to use them as Ranters, just as nice characterful additions to whatever forces I put together.



With the guy on the right, brandishing his bible I've gone with the green uniform again. The one on the left could quite easily be an officer urging his troops forward into the attack.

As ever, these are a joy to paint and I really cannot praise the qiality of both sculpts and casts highly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment