Monday 8 May 2023

Fifteen more Xenos Rampant figures completed

And these fifteen will be the last ones for a while. I need a change from sci fi so I can paint something different.




These were made using the 15 Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago plastic crew bodies I had left with Stargrave weapons and a few Stargrave headswaps.

I was originally going to paint them up as warriors from some kind of hot and sandy planet but I changed my mind because I wanted to paint something more colourful. Their baggy trousers suggested French 19th century Zouaves, so I went with a colour palette that would give them a Zouaves or Turcos/ Tirailleurs Algériens sort of vibe.

I'm not sure what they will end up being used as in gaming terms. Maybe they could be Xenos Rampant Light Infantry or even just Militia Rabble? I think they look to nice to be a Rabble, so perhaps they could be Pirates or Raiders of some kind, classed as Lights but with some buffing up.

Anyway, I like how they have turned out, so that is really all that matters.

2 comments: