Wednesday 5 October 2022

A detour into Black Ops

 I've been working on painting Austrian Napoleonic Grenzers, but I am waiting for their bases to dry. While working on them, I've also been painting some Special Ops troops on the side.

First up; three unit commanders;


And then two Fire Teams. First, one with a Designated Marksman;


And the second with a grenade launcher;


Both teams have a leader with a PDW, i.e a new generation sub-machine gun, two grunts with assault rifles equipped with UGLs and one with a Minimi-type LMG.

These are all Copplestone figures from the Future Wars range of military types.

I decided to go for a fairly muted, grimdark colour palette and also give them gravelly bases. They will make a good backup for my Infiltration Team I painted a while ago.

Like my Grenzers, these still need to be spray varnished but the weather is pretty damp so I don't want to risk fogging, so the varnish will have to wait until we get a dry day.

It will be nice to see them on the table at some point. I just need to paint their opponents.


2 comments: