Thursday 6 October 2022

18 Grenzers and two leaders

Well, It stayed dry and I varnished my Grenzer skirmishers! There are three groups of six, plus an officer and an NCO as leaders.

First. the group with the NCO:

Next a group with an officer;

And finally a third group;

These are all Perry 28mm metal figures and will provide the skirmishing capability for my Austrian Napoleonic force. They are equipped with muskets rather than rifles and will therefore be cheaper in Sharp Practice terms than Jägers with rifles.

As they have red facings and yellow buttons, I have chosen them to represent Grenzregiment no. 5, the Warasdiner-Kreutzer regiment.

As a first for me, I have given these chaps movement trays. I don't usually bother for skirmish groups, but I bought some cheap trays at Colours recently, so I suppose I should at least give them a go.
 

4 comments:

  1. The chappies do look rather nice. I think I prefer the brown jackets to the white - just as a change from the usual whitecoats of the regular infantry (I've recently painted up some metal grenzers myself - 6th Warasdiner-St Georger).
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do make a nice contrast. I have Landwehr (in grey) and Chevauleger (green tunics) to paint too, plus some Hussars who are still just bits on sprues, so eventually there will be plenty of colourful uniforms.

      Delete