Friday 3 September 2021

La Milice Canadienne

 These are intended for the French and Indian Wars. There are 29 figures in all. First three groups of eight.




And now some leaders and musicians.



Now, the sharp-eyed amongst you will note that they aren't really very accurate for the period, and that is because they are really Warlord Games plastic American Militia for the War of Independence and their clothing isn't really right at all, assuming that they should be wearing the items that French regulations mandated. My only defence here is that they are a bunch of rapidly-raised militiamen who are just wearing whatever was available.

These are going to be used for FIW Sharp Practice games at BIG this coming weekend, using David Hunter's Saindoux Campaign troop rosters, which allows for Milice Canadienne in line groups of eight figures.

These took me ages to get finished, mainly because I fell out of love with the figures while I was painting them. They were all from the free sprues that Wargames Illustrated gave away ages ago and I really didn't much like the poses of some of them, nor the fact that too many are equipped with Pennsylvania "long rifles" rather than standard muskets. I think that they have turned out OK, but at some point I think I'll replace them with some more appropriately-equipped metal versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment