Monday 27 September 2021

A bit of an oddity

This isn't a wargaming miniature. It is the driver for a remote control (RC) vehicle and is in 1/10 scale, i.e. huge, as you can see from the 28mm figure next to it.

As an item to paint it was pretty simple. The cast is quite crude and lacking in t he kind of fine detail you would expect to get in a 28mm miniature. However, that doesn't really matter because it is designed to end up inside a RC vehicle and seen from a distance.

The vehicle it belongs to is a kind of quasi-military light attack speedster, which is going to end up with a Mad Max vibe when it is finished. It is a project for my partner, not me, but I have agreed to do the modelling and the paintjob.

Anyway, the driver was a really quick and simple thing to paint. Big brushes and a bold and impressionistic approach to colour was the order of the day, with the aim of turning out a finished article that would look good from a distance. Job done, I think.

I gave him a camouflage finish because it just seems right for someone who is going to be sitting in a post-apocalypse vehicle.

Before long, I'm going to have to make a start on the actual shell of the speedster.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this Carol, are you going to be running a whole 1/10 wargame soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, certainly not. The main reason I'm doing it is that I'm expecting to be paid with Renedra plastic buildings.

      Delete