Saturday 16 May 2020

Bad Squiddo Amazon standard bearer

I've had the Bad Squiddo Amazons since last September when the Kickstarter shipped, but until now I hadn't got round to painting any of them. This standard bearer is the first one;


I think she is a lovely figure and her Squid standard is great. I decided that it needed to be painted with a bronze body, turquoise eyes and purple or turquoise tentacles, because they are very Bad Squiddo colours. I decided to carry those colours over onto the standard bearer herself, with her purple belt and turquoise helmet plume and tunic edging. Her armour is a mixture of bronze plate and brassier scales. I couldn't decide whether her blade should be iron or bronze, but I decided on the former for colour variation.

Here she is from the rear, the view her troops would see advancing into battle;


Here from the front, the view her enemies would see coming towards them.


The tufts are Gamer's Grass, also available from Bad Squiddo.

4 comments:

  1. I like the squid standard as a bronze "body" with colored fabric tentacles hanging down. The bronze metallics on this generally look really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really wanted her to look special.

      Delete