Monday 13 April 2020

More painting! With robots!

I bought these a while ago to add to my collection for my Reivers Of The Outer Rim science fiction skirmish rules. They are all Copplestone figures from the Future Wars range. I bought these from North Star.

First, here are five Terminator Robots, which I really like a lot. They certainly have the right vibe for the Terminator film series but also have lots of other uses. I first thought of these as robot NPCs for my rules, but they could also be Combat Droids for the bands of Reivers to use. I've tried to give them a slightly battered appearance, maybe ex-military droids bought up by arms traders or perhaps robotic sentinels who have been guarding a lost installation for decades or even centuries after the owners have departed? Anyway, the muted metallic colour palette is nicely lifted by the red casings of their weapons. This was a deliberate nod to classic Warhammer 40K weapons. "Assimilated? Not a chance, puny humans. You will be exterminated. With extreme prejudice, of course".



This next figure is huge. It is described as a Bio-mech Alien, and there could clearly be something organic lurking inside that armoured carapace, but equally it could be the creation of a crazed scientist or an evil alien mastermind, who is represented here by one of my Bob Murch Radon Zombies.


I love the retro look of this figure. That huge gun is pure 1940s alien menace stuff. It really says "Saturday Morning Pictures" to me, so this clearly has possibilities for 7TV Pulp as well as other Sci Fi settings.


I decided to keep the colour palette simple. Brooding metallic threat is what I wanted to achieve here, and I hope that I've managed it.


2 comments: