Monday 6 April 2020

A few quick scenic resin pieces.

I've had all these 15mm resin odds and ends on my painting table while I've also been painting other things. I always like to have something that I can work on while I'm waiting for the paint to dry. There is quite a lot here, so you'll need to scroll down to see everything. I'm really pleased with the last thing here.

These were all finished on Saturday, so I was able to use them for my games at the weekend. First some hedges and a gate, from, I think Coritani; The house, from Hovels, and the figures, Essex ones from my 18th century imagi-nations Syldavian army, are just for scale.


You'll notice that the gate is damaged. This was because there was a big blob of resin that I was unable to remove without making a hole, so I decided to make the hole a feature. I think that it works OK.


I was going to flock the hedges but they look OK just painted. I also did some walls. I can't remember who makes these. The figure is, once again just for scale.


These can be used to make a complete enclosure, unfortunately without a gate. I shall have to investigate options to correct this problem.



Next, a couple of gun emplacements and lengths of earthworks. I bought these at the club's annual tabletop sale a couple of years ago. No idea what make they are. I didn't use these at the weekend but they are perfect for the black powder era and also for more modern games. The cannon is a 15mm Peter Pig one from my ACW Union army.


Finally, my pièce de résistance; a fantasy barbarian encampment. I spent a lot of time on this, because I wanted it to look like something worth defending in a battle. The figure is again there for scale. She is one of my Copplestone 15mm Barbarica magic users for my Sword and Spear Fantasy Hyborian horde.


Note the campfire, which I made from ballast and tiny stones, glued to a 1cm circular MDF base, which I glued into an indentation I cut into the basing material, a rectangle of corrugated cardboard.


I really like these tents with their embellishments made from mammoth tusks. I bought them from a club member who had them on a Bring and Buy table back at the end of last year when we were running our Alien Squad Leader tournament.





2 comments:

  1. Excellent. Love the barbarian camp. Wish I'd bought it now. I will be attempting to ransack it, soon(ish), hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am missing Sword and Spear Fantasy right now.

      Delete