Sunday 22 March 2020

Aftermath post-apocalyptic Kickstarter figures

I backed this Kickstarter ages ago, and I've had the figures for a fair old while too.


The figures were inspired by the box art of the original 1980s game.

Now, I've never played the game, but I thought that the figures were nice, with a fair degree of retro cool about them, and I also thought that I'd be able to do something with them in other settings.

However, I wanted to give the male figure are much more classic 1930s space opera film appearance, so I decided on a red/gold colour scheme for him, because I saw him as being a character in Pulp games, using the Crooked Dice 7TV Pulp rules. The female figure also looks like someone who could happily sit within a 7TV world.


I am really please with the pair of them, nice crisp sculpts, no flash and great to paint.

I have vague ideas about maybe using the pair as time-travelling characters for sci fi pulp, with the male character being some kind of futuristic space lawman and the woman as a 20th century Earth scientist he has hooked up with on his journeys through the dimensions of the space time continuum. I've even got a name for him; Star Marshal Solarion.

No comments:

Post a Comment