Tuesday 31 March 2020

Lockdown continues with a few more Ghosts of Gaia

I've got into the habit of overlapping things on the painting table over the last couple of years. It stops me getting bored with painting just one thing, gives me the chance to work on something else while I am waiting for the paint to dry on the first subject and it is useful for finishing off odd blobs of paint on my palette.

Obviously, at the moment I also have a lot of time on my hands, and I am getting lots of figures done which have been hanging around, but also things that I just fancy painting. These are definitely in the latter category. They are six more Ghosts of Gaia from Bad Squiddo. I actually really love these. I liked them when I first saw them, but at the time I didn't need any 28mm science fiction minis. Now, with my S.F. skirmish rules, Reivers Of The Outer Rim in a playable state, they have a purpose, so I am gradually collecting the whole range.

I've photographed them front and back, because there is so much great detail on these figures. The first four are basic fighters with close combat or ranged weapons.





And the final two are equipped with heavy weapons.



While I was painting these, it occurred to me that the Ghosts would make a fantastic Escher gang for the Games Workshop Necromunda skirmish game, although they are certainly better dressed (and with more flesh covered) than the GW originals.

Actually, when GW re-released Necromunda a year or so ago, I thought about buying an Escher gang for old times' sake but I didn't like the new minis that they put out. The originals were much more to my liking, and the Ghosts of Gaia have, to my eyes at least, the same vibe.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I cannot wait to get them on a table, whenever the chance arises. All this painting is great, but for me, painting is a means to the end of playing games.

      Delete
  2. If I was still into 28mm I'd buy them all at once! They all turned out great, but the first two are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really like the one on the right in the first photo too. My other fave is the one on the left in the last photo. They are such nice sculpts that painting them is a joy.

      Delete