Thursday 26 March 2020

Women's Militia Lewis Gun team

A couple of years ago, I started to create a Women's Militia for VBCW, that might also work for Home Front imaginary scenarios for WW2. Once I'd done the original figures, here, I bought a Lewis Gun team from Ironclad Miniatures, and then put the figures away and forgot about them, mostly due to other things taking prominence in my To Do painting list.

Of course, I now have no excuses, because I have no painting deadlines that are more pressing, so I am painting things just because I want to paint them.


I've tried to keep them as similar as possible to the originals I painted back in 2017. I hope that I have succeeded. I even put them on 2cm bases, instead of the 2.5cm bases I use more frequently nowadays.


6 comments:

  1. Very good job! I love the one in the blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've always seen her as someone from the office who has joined together with her sisters on the shop floor to fight the Fascist Menace.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Love your blog!
    Found you on Pulp gaming on FB.
    I have bookmarked your site and will continue to follow.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great - the bright red berets really make them pop and I too particularly like the lady in the blue dress!

    ReplyDelete