Friday 24 May 2019

Female characters for Frostgrave

In between painting my new Saga: Age of magic warband, I have also been working on the North Star female characters for Frostgrave. I bought these last year as part of the massive Maze of Malcor Nickstarter (via Bad Squiddo), and I will be using them as upgrades to my current Frostgrave warband as existing troops get killed off or I can afford to replace them with stronger members. There are eight new models in total; an Apothecary, a Thief, a Barbarian, a Knight, a Templar, a Markswoman, a Tracker and a Warhound.

So, these are all now finished and here they are.

First the Apothecary and the Thief;



Next, the Barbarian, Knight and Templar;


I have tried to give the Knight a shield with a magical sigil as its device, a kind of irregular-shaped flaming multi-pointed star. I think that it works OK. Also, I have tried to make the Templar look a bit like a female version of Marvel's Thor with her red cloak and blonde hair.


And finally, the Markswoman, Warhound and Tracker. I really like the armour on the hound.




These are lovely figures, sculpted, I believe by Mark Copplestone. They have lots of personality and nice details. The castings are really crisp and paint up really nicely. I am very happy with how they have turned out.

4 comments: