Tuesday 14 August 2018

Woo Hoo! The postman brought me a present

OK, so it wasn't a huge surprise, because I'd already had the email, but the postman delivered my Freyja's Wrath Kickstarter today. Here is the box;


Then the nice friendly extras that makes shopping with Bad Squiddo a fun experience;


And finally, the shiny bits. I have lots of lovely new toys here. Enough for a Saga warband with extra shieldmaidens to give me a nice choice of units, plus a few extra that I bought simply because they are really nice models, but which I am certain will find a purpose, because nice models always deserve to end up on the table. I am not going to stop with Saga. These women are going to crop up a a fair few futures projects, I'm sure. I just need to decide how best to use them.


The minis themselves are lovely crisp castings, with virtually no flash. The poses are terrific and there is plenty of detail to paint, which I reckon is definitely a Good Thing. I know which ones are going to get painted first, so they are heading for the front of the painting queue already.

So, shipping the Kickstarter was delayed a bit, but there are perfectly good reasons why that happened, so I'm not going to complain. Good things are worth waiting for, and these are certainly good things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment