Wednesday 22 August 2018

Wargames Foundry "Lord Of Chaos"

I bought the Wargames Foundry "Lord Of Chaos" figure at Colours in Newbury last year, undercoated it and promptly left it sitting around for months and months as other things leapfrogged up the painting list. Also, I really had no idea how I wanted to paint it. I simply couldn't think of a colour palette that worked for me.

However, I really wanted to get it finished off, because it is an amazing piece of work. I am thinking that I might use it as a Major Demon in Frostgrave, but it will just as easily work in Cthulhu games. I mean, all those tentacles! I can see it working in 7TV games too, and there must be other ways of getting it onto the table. 



I think that this colour scheme works OK. I'm not sure if it is 100% perfect, but it has turned out better than my original idea, which had to be painted over because it was just too garish.

2 comments:

  1. Nice paint job. For those readers who haven’t seen one in the flesh, this is a big model, towering over ordinary mortals. I haven’t got round to painting mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it is huge, nearly twice as tall as a standard 28mm figure.

      Delete