Wednesday 15 March 2023

Ten Elite Infantry for Xenos Rampant

 Please scroll down to see all ten figures;



These figures are, obviously, Games Workshop 40K Space Marines, but I won't be using them for Warhammer 40K.

I bought a box of 10 plastic Space Marines for £10 from someone at the club ages ago, because he didn't want them. My original plan was to paint them up and just sell them on, but I never got around to doing it. 

Once Xenos Rampant came along, it seemed to be a pretty simple thing to paint them up and use them as Elite Infantry for those rules. It also had the other advantage of me not having to spend any extra money on more figures.

I haven't used any 40K Space Marine heraldry on the figures, neither have I painted them up as a particular chapter, although I suppose there is a very slight nod towards the Dark Angels in the basic colour of their armour.

I put them together so that there are five figures with heavy weapons and five more suited to getting close up and personal, if required. That will give me two Elite units for Xenos Rampant.

I'm reasonably happy with how they look and they will do the job perfectly well for XR, with the support of a few units of more standard heavy, light or recon figures.

5 comments:

  1. Well they look mighty fine. XR's a good game and I'm sure they'll be quite useful on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive taken the same path as yourself and have been buying up 'cheap? Games Workshop figures for Xenos. I dont understand all the jargon GW use but they are very nice figures.Like you Im painting my own heraldry? although I did find some old transfers. So keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to see figures used in this way. Nice colors, clever portioning for two different types of units. A win all round. I take it XR works well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, XR gives pretty decent games. The rules are quite generic but you have so many special options that you can buy for your troops to give them a distinctive flavour, everything from alien hordes of poison-spitting bugs to psychic overlords with waves of zombies under mind control, plus imperial troopers, space pirates, Weird WW1 and WW2 and pretty much anything else.

      Delete