Tuesday 14 March 2023

Three years in and I finally came down with Covid

I've not been doing much painting or anything else for the last week or so because I have succumbed to Covid. The first few days were really awful but I am hopefully on the mend. The problem I have now is that I am so very tired all the time and I am finding it hard to concentrate on anything.

I have figures that I was working on before I fell ill and these need varnishing. As today is the first sunny and dry one for a week or so, at least I can get them varnished.

Watch this space.

8 comments:

  1. Ah that is too bad. Still better to get it now once it is better understood and can be ameliorated, than three years ago when it was so much more frightening. Hope you feel better soon and can get back to "normal".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have had four rounds of vaccination, so I am about as protected as I can possibly be.

      Delete
  2. Like you I got Covid for the first time a few weeks ago, floored me for a few days but had the tiredness for a couple of weeks. Hope you are better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel much more like yourself very soon.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this. I've managed to avoid the lurgy, but this is a timely reminder that vigilance is still required. I had an email from the NHS notifying me that they consider me at risk and should continue shielding. It it what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sympathies. Covid's a real bugger. My wife and I finally caught it last May. I've never felt so weak in my life. Hang in there, and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very much hope you're better. I got Covid myself for the first time last summer, after 4 jabs. It was like a mildly nasty flu, laid me low for the better part of a week with very little strength. Get better soon. Cheers, Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael. I've been pretty much wiped out and my other half is the same. Hopefully on the mend but still not getting a negative test yet.

      Delete