Tuesday 27 July 2021

Three stereotypical Western Characters

 Again, these are all Artizan Wild West minis.


The two right-hand figures are from the "Frontier characters" set and the left-hand one is one of the "Hired Guns". I decided to paint him as an Indian Cavalry Scout, because that is exactly what he looks like to me.

The other two are staples of many Westerns; a grizzled gold or silver miner, most likely down on his luck and just hanging around town looking for a few opportunities to make a dollar or two, and an even more grizzled hunter in a bearskin coat and with a long breech-loading rifle with a telescopic sight. Of course, you can shoot more than just bears with a weapon like that .....

I am really impressed with these Artizan figures. The sculpts have bags of character and are a joy to paint. I know that I've said it before, but it is worth repeating.

These will all work for the usual range of games, but I'll admit that I keep looking at the Cavalry figures, the OK Corral characters and the spooky Western Horror ones in the Grim Prairie Tales range too.

I know. You start a project which is a sensible size and then scope creep sets in. I spent long enough working in IT to know how it happens.



2 comments:

  1. That Indian Cavalry Scout is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff! I'm pretty sure the miner is based on Ben Rumson, the character Lee Marvin played in Paint Your Wagon.

    ReplyDelete