Sunday 24 January 2021

The final part of my 15mm Space Marine project is completed

I was waiting for a dry day to get the last lot of 15mm Vanguard Miniatures not-quite space marines finished, and here they are;


As you can see, there are two squads of assault marines with jump packs. and each squad can be split into a five-man team consisting on one marine with a meltagun, three equipped with bolt pistols and chainswords and a leader with a plasma pistol and a powerfist. I have given the senior leader a red helmet to indicate that he is the overall squad leader.

In addition, I have created a small team consisting of the four marines left over from the two squads above, plus the final model from the "Characters" set I talked about in an earlier post. I have painted him as a second Librarian, equipped with a jump pack and armed with a Force Weapon (in the shape of a Power Hammer) and a powerfist. The assault marines can act as a kind of bodyguard for the Librarian but the whole team makes a pretty formidable attacking force.

You will notice a sixth figure here. He or she is a GZG Japanese Tech Ninja Special Forces figure who I have painted up as an assassin of the Officio Assassinorum, equipped with a needle pistol and a power sword, plus a few grenades. This is in line with the 2nd Edition rules and Codex Imperialis, which predates GW's invention of the different Assassin Temples.

So, that is the end of the first part of my project.

The next part will be all about the Imperial Guard. I have bought the figures but I need to base them and get them primed before I can start painting. These will also be using Vanguard Miniatures figures.

After that, I will start planning some opponents and also look at vehicle options. There are some nice ones on the Vanguard website which will be ideal.

5 comments:

  1. Those are dead nice. Now you just need about 60 Snakebite Orks on boars to tangle with 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orks will be arriving at some point. There will be Bad Moons and Goffs, plus Evil Sunz with Bikeboys and trukks with Big Shooterz.

      Delete
  2. They look great and a wonderful alternative.
    Neil

    http://toysoldiersanddiningroombattles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out great, I really like the Vanguard stuff.

    ReplyDelete