Monday 18 January 2021

Part Two of the 15mm not-space marines project

 I thought that I'd run out of spray varnish, but I found a can in the box where I'd put it so I wouldn't lose track  of it, after forgetting I'd put it there in the first place!

This meant that I could varnish some more figures.

First, my second squad of not-quite space marines;


These are equipped identically to the first squad that I posted in my previous post. I did consider giving them contrasting colour edges to their shoulder armour but decided against it.

I now have two squads of the basic troop type, which should be fine for gaming purposes.

I have also painted up two five-man squads of Tusculum Nova Elites in Heavy Armour, who bear a slight passing resemblance to Space Marines in Terminator armour;


As my project is all about the Dark Angels, these are obviously the Deathwing. Each squad of five marines has a leader with a storm bolter and a power sword, a marine with an assault cannon and a powerfist and three marines with storm bolters and powerfists.

I really like these minis, they are significantly bigger than the standard power-armoured marines, as befits their status and their tactical dreadnought armour.

My remaining figures for this project should be finished later this week.

7 comments:

  1. Great job, Carole! I especially like the (not-) terminators! Both from Vanguard, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all Vanguard.They are terrific minis.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work, these Deathwing terminators look as if they're ready to kick some Genestealer ass, or die trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran out of spray varnish too! Have to make a run to the store. Lovely figures and I enjoy what you do.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete