Friday 4 September 2020

It has been a couple of weeks, but I'm painting again

Yes, I've not done much painting since my last post back on the 20th of August but I have had a lot going on, mainly having two elderly dogs who were ill at the same time (see below).


These are five more of the Bad Squiddo Ghosts of Gaia range. I have painted a number of these excellent figures before for my home-brewed Reivers Of The Outer Rim (ROTOR) science fiction skirmish rules and I felt the urge to paint a few more. I now have more of them than I'll ever need for a single ROTOR gang of fighters, but it does mean that I could field a number of different gangs for different games. Of these five, the ones I particularly like are the two central figures, the priestess/leader figure with the sword and the weird Psyker one, wrapped in bandages and wearing some kind of psychic amplifier device. The two on the right are a heavy weapons team and the figure on the left has a cybernetic prosthesis, so could happily be a cyborg in my rules.

Anyway, the doggies. They are two Westie sisters and they will be 14 at the end of October. Maisie has has a few niggling things happen recently, such as a Urinary Tract Infection, and Daisy has been generally fairly OK but a couple of weeks ago they both became ill at the same time, with stomach sicknesses. So, it was Vet time. As things transpired, while doing blood tests it was discovered that Maisie has developed canine diabetes, probably because of her age, which accounted, in hindsight for her UTI and some quite worrying weight loss since then. Daisy had a gastric infection and pancreatitis. They both spent a lot of time at the Vet on drips and general observation and Maisie had to spend a night at the overnight emergency service for extra electrolytes because of ketone build-up in her blood. Anyway, to avoid a TL:DR they are better again now, and Maisie is now on insulin injections twice-daily.

It was a very worrying time, though, but it is such a relief to see them getting their appetites back and being more their normal (a relative term where Westies are concerned) selves again

3 comments:

  1. Ooh very nice... I like the unified colour scheme offsetting their chaotic wasteland sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic - I love the GoG range and you've done them proud. Special mention for the bandages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They really are terrific minis. I was really pleased how the bandages turned out. The poor woman must have a terrible skin problem underneath them.

      Delete