Saturday 1 August 2020

Auxiliary archers

Another rush job! I need these for Sunday and only had them undercoated this morning.


These are from Aventine Miniatures, a company that I haven't bought anything from until now, but who are definitely on my radar now. The best thing about these figures is that they scale up well against the Victrix plastics that form the rest of my cohors equitata. They are also really nice sculpts and clean castings too. They were a joy to paint.


There is a decent amount of variation in the figures, some are in mail and others in scale armour and there are little details that make them all look a bit different from the next one along.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely unit, and especially so considering the urgency of painting. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think that they look OK, but I also think I might have done better with a bit more time. Sill, from 2m away on the table, they will look fine.

      Delete