Monday 28 January 2019

Bad Squiddo specials - Lucrezia Borgia and Caterina Sforza

I bought two blister packs from Annie when I visited the Bad Squiddo stand at Warfare at the end of last year.

One represented Caterina Sforza in two separate poses, one in armour and one without. The other featured two different poses for Lucrezia Borgia.

They have been sitting waiting for me to paint them which I have now done.

First, here is Lucrezia dressed as an assassin with two blades. I think she will work well in all kinds of games.


I think that of the four figures, she is my favourite, but they are all nice miniatures.

Now, here is Lucrezia in more conventional dress, in green, together with both versions of Caterina.


I wanted to stick to a simple colour palette and I liked the idea of Caterina in blue. When I painted her armour, I used silver with some blue gunmetal mixed in, because I wanted her armour to look like an expensive custom-made suit. You occasionally see blue tinged armour, so it seemed like a good idea to keep the blue theme consistent.

These were fun to paint, lovely clean castings with no flash. I think that they have a future in fantasy games, as well as in a more historical setting.

I don't think that these are available from the Bad Squiddo website, so I am glad that I got them when I could.

3 comments: